Book – Proposal Under Submission
- Erickson, Christian. 2011. Book Proposal. CounterTerror Culture: Thematics of Terrorism/Counterterrorism in Contemporary Science Fiction and Espionage Fiction.
Book – Proposal Under Preparation
- Erickson, Christian. 2011. Book Proposal Under Preparation. The Internal Face Of The Garrison State: Regime Type, War and Domestic Security In the Twentieth and Twenty First Century United States and Russia. Substantially revised and updated dissertation research, especially focusing on years 2004 to early 2012. See Proquest/UMI for abstract of dissertation.
- Erickson, Christian W. 2008. “Thematics of Counterterrorism: Comparing 24 and MI-5/Spooks.” Critical Studies on Terrorism.1(3) December. Abstract and citation information.
- Erickson, Christian W. 2007. “CounterTerror Culture: Ambiguity, Subversion, and Legitimization?” Security Dialogue. Special Issue on Securitization, Militarization and Visual Culture in the Worlds of post-9/11. 38(2) June. Abstract and citation information.
- Erickson, Christian W. with Bethany Barratt. 2007. “Response and Revenge: Terror, Counterterror, and Intolerance” Public Opinion Pros. February. http://www.publicopinionpros.norc.org/features/2007/feb/barratt.asp
- Erickson, Christian W. with Bethany Barratt. 2004. “Prudence or Panic? Preparedness Exercises, Counterterror Mobilization, and Media Coverage – Dark Winter, TOPOFF 1 and 2.” Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. Volume 1, Issue 4. Download, abstract, and citation information.
Journal Articles – Under Submission
- Erickson, Christian. “Televising Torture: 24, Enhanced Interrogation, and American Political Culture.” Under submission to Studies in Conflict & Terrorism.
- Erickson, Christian. “Counter-Terror Panoptics: NGO Opposition to Surveillance Programs in Comparative Context.” Under submission to International Political Sociology.
- Erickson, Christian. “Human Rights and Televisual Norms: 24, and Human Rights First Primetime Torture Project as Case Study.” Under submission to Terrorism and Political Violence.
- Erickson, Christian W. 2010. “Government Monitoring and Surveillance.” Conflicts in American History. Columbia, SC: BCL/Manly.
- Erickson, Christian W. 2008. “Defense Condition (DEFCON) Alert System.” Encyclopedia of the Cold War. New York: Routledge. Description and reviews.
- Erickson, Christian W. 2006. “Labor Strikes World War I” Encyclopedia of The Home Front: World Wars 1 and 2. New York: ABC-CLIO.
- Erickson, Christian W. 2004. Multiple Entries. Encyclopedia of Intelligence and Counterintelligence. Armonk, New York: M.E. Sharpe. Entry subjects: Soviet Intelligence Apparatus, Al Qaeda, Vasili Mitrokhin. Description, comments, reviews.
- Erickson, Christian. 2008. “Review of Human Rights and Revolutions” eds. Wasserstrom, J. for H-Net Human Rights.
- Erickson, Christian. 2007. “Review of Russia as a Great Power, eds. Hedenskog J., V. Konnander, B. Nygren, I. Oldberg, and C. Pursiainen.” for Journal of Power Institutions in Post-Soviet Societies.
- Erickson, Christian W. 2004. “Review of Anne Aldis and Roger McDermott’s Russian Military Reform, 1992-2002.” The Journal of Power Institutions in Post-Soviet Societies. June 2004. Issue 1.
Web Based Non-Peer Reviewed
- Erickson, Christian. 2008. “No Future?/Fight the Future!: Terminator4 (Sarah Connor Chronicles) and Virtual Communities of Resistance.” In Media Res: A MediaCommons Project. http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/2008/01/24/no-futurefight-the-future-terminator4-sarah-connor-chronicles-and-virtual-communities-of-resistance
- Erickson, Christian. 2007. “Intimate Threats: Ubiquity of Terror in ‘the 4400′.” In Media Res: A MediaCommons Project. http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/2007/10/11/intimate-threats-ubiquity-terror-4400
- Erickson, Christian. 2007. “Terror’s Blinding Horizon: 24 and the Normalization of Nuclear Terrorism.” In Media Res: A MediaCommons Project. http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/2007/06/20/terror%E2%80%99s-blinding-horizon-24-and-the-normalization-of-nuclear-terrorism.