Summer 2020 – Morton College.
Research links for SOC 100-21 (under construction throughout Summer Session course).
United States and Global Population.
- United States and Global Population: US Census Bureau.
- “From Pyramids to Pillars: Two Centuries of Change in the U.S. Population, 1860-2060” (US Census Bureau Youtube Channel).
- United States – Ethnic Makeup of Population.
- Population “Dot Map.”
- Chicago Population “Heat Map.”
- Why does population (and age distribution of population matter)?
- 47 countries witness surge in civil unrest – trend to continue in 2020 – Political Risk Outlook 2020
Sociology of Crime/ “Deviance.”
- Chicago “Gang Map.”
- City of Chicago “Crime Map.”
- City of Chicago “Homicide Map.”.
- United States. Department of Justice (DOJ). Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). “Crime Data Explorer.” Accessed 06/17/2020.
- Oxfam Report and “World’s Billionaires Have More Wealth than 4.6 Billion People.”
- World Economic Forum 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Early COVID-19 Outbreak.
- United States (US). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 2020. “2019 Novel Coronavirus.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- World Health Organization (WHO). 2020. “Coronavirus.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- United Nations (UN). 2020. “COVID-19 Response.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- University of Minnesota. Center For Infectious Disease Research and Policy CIDRAP. “About Us.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- United States (US). Department of Defense (DOD). Army. United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases. USAMRIID. “About.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- American Sociological Association.
- Morton College Library – Research.
- Morton College Library Resource Finder. Sociology Research Guide (General).
- Example: Brookfield (Illinois) Library.
- Berwyn Public Library.
- Cicero Public Library.
- Stickney-Forest View Public Library.
- Lyons Public Library.
- McCook Public Library.
Specialized Local Libraries.
Citation Style Guides.
Last updated: 06/17/2020.