Fall 2020 – Morton College.
Research links for SOC 100-2D (under construction throughout Fall 2020 course).
United States and Global Population.
- United States and Global Population: US Census Bureau.
- “From Pyramids to Pillars: Two Centuries of Change in the U.S. Population, 1860-2060” (US Census Bureau Youtube Channel).
- United States – Ethnic Makeup of Population.
- Population “Dot Map.”
- Chicago Population “Heat Map.”
- Why does population (and age distribution of population matter)?
- 47 countries witness surge in civil unrest – trend to continue in 2020 – Political Risk Outlook 2020
Sociology of Crime/ “Deviance.”
- Chicago “Gang Map.”
- City of Chicago “Crime Map.”
- City of Chicago “Homicide Map.”.
- United States. Department of Justice (DOJ). Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). “Crime Data Explorer.” Accessed 06/17/2020.
- Oxfam Report and “World’s Billionaires Have More Wealth than 4.6 Billion People.”
- World Economic Forum 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Early COVID-19 Outbreak.
- ABC (American Broadcasting Company) News. 2020. “Global Effort to Contain the Coronavirus.”
- Stockstill, Patrick. 2020. “Twitter Feed of Patrick Stockstill.” Twitter.
- United States (US). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 2020. “2019 Novel Coronavirus.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- World Health Organization (WHO). 2020. “Coronavirus.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- United Nations (UN). 2020. “COVID-19 Response.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- University of Minnesota. Center For Infectious Disease Research and Policy CIDRAP. “About Us.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- United States (US). Department of Defense (DOD). Army. United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases. USAMRIID. “About.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- Local (Cicero, Chicago, Cook County).
Patterns of Protests, Social Movement Mobilization, Internal Security Activity and Human Rights.
- “Protest Research Links,” Prof. Pamela Oliver (Sociology) University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- “Research on Collective Action, Protests, and Social Movements,” also Prof. Oliver.
- “Coding Protest Event Data & Studying Black Protest,” Machine-Learning Protest Event Data System (MPEDS) Project, Prof. Oliver and Prof. Chaeyoon Lim (Univ. Wisconsin, Madison), Principal Investigators.
- “Protests and Uprisings,” Pew Research Center (2020). •“America’s Global Image,” Pew Research Center (2015).
- Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED). •“Where Political Protests Are Rocking the United States,” Nial McCarthy (2020), Statista (August 26, 2020).
- National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, Univ. of Maryland.
- Urban Labs and Crime Lab, University of Chicago.
- American Sociological Association.
- Morton College Library – Research.
- Example: Brookfield (Illinois) Library.
- Berwyn Public Library.
- Cicero Public Library.
- Stickney-Forest View Public Library.
- Lyons Public Library.
- McCook Public Library.
Specialized Local Libraries.
Citation Style Guides.
- OWL (On-Line Writing Lab) – Purdue University.
- American Sociology Association (ASA).
- American Political Science Association (APSA).
SOC 100-2D Homepage | Blackboard (Morton) |
Last updated: 09/16/2020.