Fall 2020 – Morton College.
Research links for SOC 100-92 (under construction throughout Fall 2020 course).
- United States and Global Population.
- US Census Bureau.
- “From Pyramids to Pillars: Two Centuries of Change in the U.S. Population, 1860-2060” (US Census Bureau Youtube Channel).
- United States – Ethnic Makeup of Population.
- Population “Dot Map.”
- Chicago Population “Heat Map.”
- Why does population (and age distribution of population matter)?
- 47 countries witness surge in civil unrest – trend to continue in 2020 – Political Risk Outlook 2020.
Sociology of Crime/ “Deviance.”
- Chicago “Gang Map.”
- City of Chicago “Crime Map.”
- City of Chicago “Homicide Map.”.
- United States. Department of Justice (DOJ). Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). “Crime Data Explorer.” Accessed 06/17/2020.
- Oxfam Report and “World’s Billionaires Have More Wealth than 4.6 Billion People.”
- World Economic Forum 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Early COVID-19 Outbreak.
- United States (US). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 2020. “2019 Novel Coronavirus.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- World Health Organization (WHO). 2020. “Coronavirus.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- United Nations (UN). 2020. “COVID-19 Response.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- University of Minnesota. Center For Infectious Disease Research and Policy CIDRAP. “About Us.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
- United States (US). Department of Defense (DOD). Army. United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases. USAMRIID. “About.” Accessed June 17, 2020.
Patterns of Protests, Social Movement Mobilization, Internal Security Activity and Human Rights.
- “Protest Research Links,” Prof. Pamela Oliver (Sociology) University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- “Research on Collective Action, Protests, and Social Movements,” also Prof. Oliver.
- “Coding Protest Event Data & Studying Black Protest,” Machine-Learning Protest Event Data System (MPEDS) Project, Prof. Oliver and Prof. Chaeyoon Lim (Univ. Wisconsin, Madison), Principal Investigators.
- “Protests and Uprisings,” Pew Research Center (2020). •“America’s Global Image,” Pew Research Center (2015).
- Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED). •“Where Political Protests Are Rocking the United States,” Nial McCarthy (2020), Statista (August 26, 2020).
- National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, Univ. of Maryland.
- Urban Labs and Crime Lab, University of Chicago.
- American Sociological Association.
- Morton College Library
- Example: Brookfield (Illinois) Library.
- Berwyn Public Library.
- Cicero Public Library.
- Stickney-Forest View Public Library.
- Lyons Public Library.
- McCook Public Library.
Specialized Local Libraries.
Citation Style Guides.
Last updated: 09/16/2020.